Tuesday 14 June 2011

Change of direction

Today, my original plan was to get cutting up the fandango to make my quilt.  However, I decided to go a different direction.  I'm using brown, gold, and tan fabric that I purchased when I first got the idea I'd like to quilt.  I found an instructable for a crazy 9-patch, and chose to do it with three fabrics in order to save myself money and yardage guessing.


We'll see how it turns out.  I'm going to give it to my future father-in-law as a thank-you.  He's been letting me live in his basement while I am going to school, which has truly been invaluable to me.  Hopefully he likes it!

I have discovered, I love chain piecing

Here's my lovely set-up.  Those little scissors were actually
a gift included with my order from 1 Choice 4 Quilting.
After I finished about 2/3 of it all it got too late to sew (it's a loud enough machine that I think it may bother Pat if he were trying to sleep) so I pressed the seams open on half of the strips of three that I have made.  Once I finish it all I'll start piecing them into the 9-Patch blocks.

I decided to work on this because I'd like to finish it before I move away.  Otherwise, I fear it could be a while before it makes it back.  I bought a queen size brown flat sheet to serve as backing, and I'm trying to decide if I want to add some piecing.  Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment