Friday 24 June 2011

The last class

It's a bit hard to believe, but I actually just wrote my last exam for my degree!  Thank goodness for that too, because I'm definitely starting to burn out a bit.  I think that is as much related to length of school as it is to lack of sleep.  Oh well!

Today after my exam I came back home and got to work on my quilt for Pat.  I'd like to get it dealt with before I've moved, otherwise it could take months to remember to bring it.  Anyways, I started off with sewing my little heart out to put together the rows.


And then, I managed to find a patch of floor that was big enough to hold the quilt and got rid of all the dog fur (we have an excessive shedder here) and basted it all together.  I like the effect of the pattern, it draws the eye!


I used a plain brown sheet for the back, and Hobbs 80/20 Cotton/Poly batting.  I have to admit, I prefer 100% cotton, it's just a nicer feel.  Not like you can feel the batting though.  Anyways, I've started quilting it...this could take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment