Wednesday 1 June 2011

Oh happy day!

Okay, so I have so say, I l-o-v-e the Vancouver Canucks.  They are my team 100%, and I'm so excited to watch the final series, boo Boston.

Anywho, I'll share about what will hopefully be my first finished project.  My friend recently had a baby, so I want to make him a baby quilt (fabric below).  I'm basing it on this zig-zag quilt pattern from crazy mom quilts blog.  If you go to the bottom of the post there is a link to her tutorial.


The picture isn't the greatest because it was dreary and rainy, but you get the idea of what I'm using.  I've decided to make it two colours (I have an extremely limited stash to work from), the green one is basically bubbles and the yellow one has an all-over alphabet.  Hopefully I will get better at taking these pictures so I don't have to describe them in such minute detail.


Also, I received these treasures in the mail today from Amazon.  So excited to tuck into them, and start using some of the patterns.  I love that front page log cabin quilt!

I must get back to my hockey game.

No comments:

Post a Comment