Monday 4 July 2011

The first 8 patches

Well, hopefully they start getting better, but I did get the first 8 squares done.  They measure at 7" x 8" right now, so they'll finish up at 6.5" x 7.5".  Here's a shot of the back to show the block placement.


After doing the 8 blocks in this pattern, I discovered that I miscalculated my measurements!  The centre column was 1/4" shorter than the sides.  Awesome.  So I took the top piece out and recut new pieces for each pattern.  The good thing is that I didn't waste a whole heck of a lot of fabric because there were scraps I could use, and I can use the short ones in the future.  I do love these prints!

I tried my darndest to line up these blocks well so that they were all as close to perfect as possible.  I still didn't quite make it.  And I was very careful with my cutting.  But here's two of the better blocks so far.  Hopefully a bit later I'll have a better job done with different patterns.


Of course, I won't be putting the same patterns side-by-side, but this gives you an idea what things will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment