Sunday 21 August 2011

New knew gnu

While I await the arrival of the batting that will go into my fandango quilt, I have gotten to work on the Pure fabric I cut up a while back to get to work on my next project.  So far I have sewn all of my strips together (was that a strip piecing extravaganza or what) and pressed many of them. Usually I try to break  up between sewing and pressing because I find pressing a lot to be tedious.  However, I decided that once I got sewing I may as well keep going.  So, here's what I have pressed:


That polka dot is one of my faves so far.  But I really do love it all.  Here's what I need to do still:


So that will be another day.

On top of these, I have taken on a new project.  My sister went to Africa a couple years ago as part of the Free the Children organization (they built a school there).  She was gifted a 'wrap dress' that is basically a really long shoulder to floor length strip of fabric.


This is half of it.  The other half is the same.  She wants to keep it, but there's not really a call here for dresses that consist of a fabric wrapped several times around your body.  So, she asked me to make it into a quilt.  I will be cutting up the other piece into squares to use for a "border" in order to make it bigger, perhaps queen size.  When I do the quilting I'll use my darning foot and do free-motion quilting around all of the little flowers.  I think it's going to be great.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment