Sunday 20 November 2011

Seeing Stars

Just a quick thanks to everyone who offered advice on my FMQ dilemma.  I went to the quilting shop and had someone show me.  And I think a few people mentioned what was wrong, I had the foot on wrong; the little random sticky outy thingy (which is apparently not random at all) was all bent and not lifting the foot up when I was sewing.  So, now I just need to find a good tension.  Anyhow, I've been working away:


This is the extra star that I made to test out my quilting.  I think it's a win.  So, even though it took me for.ever. I will be doing this to all of the stars in the quilt.  To make things a bit unique!  This particular one has been made into a pillow!


I wanted it to be snug so that the pillow would be full, but I think that I slightly overdid it.  Oh well, still looks fab in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Kate! Glad you solved your FMQ dilemma! And I love how the red hand quilting looks around the stars!

    ReplyDelete