Wednesday 9 November 2011

WIP Wednesday

Well, it seems that whenever I work this will not be a terribly exciting post.  Oh well, maybe after a few years I'll get into the swing of things...

I finished the snapshots quilt:


The binding is a solid indigo/navy and the backing is something I picked up at Fabricland for cheap.  It's on the couch now, joining my Fandango quilt for time spent reading and cuddling!


I'm still working on finishing up the star blocks so I can join the whole kit and caboodle together.  All I need to do is add the borders to the blocks.  This is of my Starry Eyed Quilt:



I am actually planning a new start soon here.  Now that I have one out of the way! Rotary cutter here I come.

Head on over to Lee's page to see what other, wonderful WIPs everyone has got going!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

23 comments:

  1. Your Snapshots is lovely. And I adore your STarry Eyed fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas blocks are lovely! Great job!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the snapshots quilt! I really like how you quilted through the print squares in one direction, and then through the solids in the other direction. It gives it an interesting texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your snapshots quilt is fabulous :) & starry eyed is looking great, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to finish a quilt and I like the cool browns and blues! Enjoy working on your star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Starry Eyed quilt blocks so far! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snapshots quilt is soooo cool! What fabric are you using for your Starry quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, I especially love those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The charm quilt I just finished is much like your square Christmas block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have quite the stack of finished blocks. I am putting the last rows on a top I am working on.
    I somehow messed up 2 rows and they wouldn't go on with the pattern. I've decided to make those into a table runner and my 4 left over squares in to 2 matching hot pads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas quilt will be lovely... Looking forward to see it pieced,

    ReplyDelete
  12. The back is just as pretty as the front!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the muted palette of your first quilt and your star block is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours in your starry eyed quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the starry eyed quilt block. Christmasy?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there!

    I think that the WIP Wednesday is less about being 'interesting' than it is about being 'accountable' - that it helps us to keep moving by having a day of the week when we see how far we've come.

    Of course, that can be difficult to remember when one is reading other people who manage to be funny and fascinating all at once in their WIP posts!

    I love the colours of your Starry-Eyed quilt: sort of Christmassy, but not so much that it couldn't be used at other times!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like those Christmas blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the starry-eyed quilt blocks! Enjoy the new start, it will be fun to see this week what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, love the quilting on that first quilt! I also love your starry-eyed quilt, it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete