Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Red in the Face

I have to say, I'm a little bit embarrassed about how long it has been since I was on here.  This summer has been good, and full to the brim.  However, I am making it work today because I finally finished something!

The first finish I have to share is a long time coming!  I even had the backing laid out on the floor for a few weeks before I got anywhere with it.  Finally though, I just grit my teeth (not really) and went for it.  So, here is the final product.


The picture isn't the best, it's a lot 'fresher' in real life, but I think this gives a good idea.  The charms came from a swap I took part in much earlier this year.  The binding was actually left over from another quilt where I got a little bit carried away and make about triple the amount of binding that I would need (I still have a big roll left!).

This runner now graces my table, and if I'm ever awake when the sun is shining I will take a picture.  I just worked two nights, and only have two days off until I work another four nights.  So, I just kept up with sleeping through the day.

The next is another instalment on my journey to making cloth diapers.  I did this one with snaps and screwed up, but you can't tell from the outside.


Also, after making this, I think that I would make a few changes to this pattern.  There should be six snaps on the front, not the back, and I am not crazy about the placement.  However, the dinosaurs are pretty darn cute!   I think that tonight I will try to tackle a diaper with FOE.  We shall see how it goes!

Anyways, since it's actually Wednesday--just barely--I will be sharing this with Lee's WIP Wednesday.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Take care all!