Monday 11 March 2013

Long time no see...

Well, I haven't been around a lot.  On my blog that is--I still love keeping up to date with everyone's projects and always check them out.  I just haven't seemed to accomplish anything myself.  However, today I saw this tutorial by Lee at Freshly Pieced, and I knew I had to do it!


IMG_1669
Photo the work of Lee at Freshly Pieced

Quick catch up--my hubs and I bought a house after our wedding, which we have gutted and now need to re-gut (so to speak).  Also, we're PREGNANT!!  So, between that and work I admit I just haven't felt too inspired.  I think that once we find out if it's a girl or boy (two weeks) then I'll start making stuff for the baby.

Because of a surplus of wedding gifts, furniture etc., and living in a trailer, this is my sewing room--I know right, ew.

DSC01063
Not user friendly

So, I grabbed a FQ bundle of Riley Blake Chevrons that has been languishing and got started.  I had wanted to finish, but it took me a while longer, and that mattress tends to get in the way.  So, I got partway through.

DSC01068
If it was sunny, not night, this would look nicer!
I decided that instead of saving half of each square as a scrap (so as to avoid colour repetition) I would just double it up and make two matching pillows!  I'm sure I'll find something to do with them.  Or I can give one away.

Anyways, I plan to finish tomorrow.  I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your baby news! So exciting!! Can't wait to see the finished floor pillows, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate! Looking forward to seeing the chevron project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how exciting!!! So happy to hear all of those, yay! Congrats on the baby and the house and the pillow making, you've been busy! And I look forward to further updates :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the wedding, new house and baby!! that is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete