Tuesday 25 March 2014

Paper piecing extravaganza!

Well, we did block number 2 in my Vintage Quilt Revival book.  It was a doozy!  But awesome.  I didn't realize when I bought the book how many blocks were foundation pieced, but it will certainly be good practice.

DSC_0069

This is my block!  I went a bit of a different direction with colours, and so I'm hoping that when the whole thing is together I'll have some good flow.  Good thing is, with this kind of quilt, I'm hoping that the variety adds to it!  This may be one of the 'neatest' quilt blocks I've ever made.  Good old paper piecing.

Here is Jess's block:

DSC_0072

That herringbone is one of my favourite fabrics!! It is pretty tough to ask someone new to quilting to dive into a block like this, and she did great.


DSC_0074

DSC_0149

Our little helper was loving those high contrast chevrons!!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. an early start with fabric is always a good thing xx lovely block x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, just scrollin' along, enjoying your blocks and than wham - CUTENESS ALERT! Love it!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! New follower via bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolest blocks ever!! And what they are perfect!!

    and. . . totally adorable helper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cool blocks! And I love seeing Sweetwater Hometown still popping up every now and then. :)

    Your little one is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used in your block! They look great!

    ReplyDelete