Tuesday 1 April 2014

Abby's Baby Quilt!

Well, there was long period of time where this project sat in limbo, but I finally buckled down and finished it!!

DSC_0046

DSC_0048


The fabric is Heirloom by Joel Dewberry in Citrine.

DSC_0047


I used mostly the one orange fabric for the binding but stuck a few random pieces of other patterns in to mix it up.

DSC_0059


DSC_0058


I quilted it in an all over stipple, not too small scale, with some 'hidden' gems.  There's some hearts, flowers, and her initials.

DSC_0049
There actually is a heart there.


DSC_0050
That's one of the (kinda) flowers.


The backing is my favourite pattern from the line, and I bought that little stat square from a local lady who does that sort of thing with her embroidery machine.  I knew as soon as I saw the idea that I wanted to sew it into the quilt, and it worked out smashingly.

DSC_0051


I was going to put it in the centre of the quilt with the floral pattern all around--I have lots more--but I decided that this way I a) didn't have to cut any of the patterned fabric, I just used the length I'd trimmed a while ago, and b) I could save my yardage for something else, like a bed skirt or curtains or something!

DSC_0052


I think she likes it!

DSC_0061


DSC_0062


DSC_0064

I'm linking up with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day, and Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts!
Lily's Quilts

9 comments:

  1. It looks great and your quilting is fantastic. Judging from the photos it's a hit:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate! I stopped by after you visited me. Hey, we have the same taste. I have that same Joel Dewberry line of fabric (in a half finished project). You're making me want to pull it out and finish it. I just love the oranges and aquas together. I also love that you hide things in your quilting. I hide hearts in my kids quilts too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt and that little one looks delighted with it! I love that embroidery on the back too, it's so neat and perfect without being too obvious. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I think she likes it too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice quilt Kate! And I think she likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And I think she approves. :) (The puppers doesn't look as enthused!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt! The colors/ fabric designs are beautiful . . . just like your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt! The label is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous quilt! The fabrics and quilting a both lovely :)

    ReplyDelete